Saturday, November 29, 2008

Traveling again

I'll be off to Ohio on Monday for two weeks, and I'm actually kind of glad to get traveling again. Two weeks in the suburbs is definitely enough for me. I'll update after the 7 (hopefully) hour drive to Canton when I get there. When I asked Ryan, who went to Oberlin, what there is to do in Ohio, he said "Get out of Ohio". Rachael had some better answers listed below. We'll see what I can get done.


Rachael's Ohio Advice:

I'm not real familiar with the Canton area, but when you are in N.O. (aka Cleveland), maybe check out the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Little Italy is a cool area of town with some good food and art galleries. Coventry is the college kids area but has some good bars and restaurants. (Tommy's has good food.) You also might be able to find some cool bars in Lakewood. Oh, if you're into food, check out Westside Market. It's pretty cool. (Rachel Ray went there during her "$40 a day" show in Cleveland.)

Cleveland has this East-West rivalry. You'll be on the West side, which is considered the ritzier area. If you drive around the areas around Lakewood, Little Italy and Shaker Heights, you can find some crazy mansions. One of the houses on the lake belongs to Drew Carey (I couldn't tell you which one but my uncle drove me by it) and Patricia Heaton from "Everyone Loves Raymond" lives in Bay Village (where my aunt lives) which is right next to N.O. My aunt has seen her driving around before, so keep your eyes peeled haha. Downtown kind of divides the two sides of town... I'd avoid being directly downtown at night. I think it's scary.

Um the Browns will be playing but they suck, right? I don't know for sure because I don't pay attention. There's a lot of colleges in the area, so if you wanted to see a concert or something, it wouldn't be too difficult I'm sure. Ummm.... Cedar Point is about an hour drive but it's probably too cold for roller coasters and I'm not sure what your time is like. Of course, Lake Erie is there.

Thanks Rachael!

Just hoping the snow stays away. But at least I have a new car to get me there!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Yay for Ohio haha. (I'm happy your traveling again too. I needed some reading material.)