Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

This week is a constant reminder of the "Tuscaloosa Heart" episode of Scrubs, the song "Sweet Home, Alabama" and Forest Gump. Mainly because those were the only previous ideas of Alabama I had.

The weather is warm, but really rainy. The southern twangs are very cute. The racism and sexism I was expecting hasn't really shown up yet. The University is really nice.

We ate at Archibald's BBQ today which was literally in an old shack in the back of this guy's house. It was pretty awesome ribs and definitely a unique eating experience. Once I figure out how to get the picture from my phone online, I will put the picture of this shack up.

We're staying at a Howard Johnson motel, which is kind of sucky, but oh well. Typical motel. At least I have internet, unlike the guys' room.

And that's about it so far. New state for me though, woo hoo!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Mmmm... I just started craving southern BBQ! Not sure where I'm going to find that in phnom penh...