Wednesday, June 17, 2009

St. Louis, MO

Clang, clang, clang went the bell.

I'm in St. Louis this week, or in Clayton which is pretty close. I accidentally booked the hotel in Clayton when the store is in Creve Coeur, so we're a bit of a commute away from anything.

We're staying at the Sheraton which is very nice, though not a convenient location. Free business center and internet in the lobby, but everything else you have to pay for. The fitness center is very nice and I can watch a tv on my treadmill which is cool. Sidenote: I lost the 10 pounds I set to lose a few months back. Now I just have to be slightly more careful with what I eat and work out every now and again so it doesn't get out of control again. To those who travel, be cautious of eating out all the time, it will catch up to you.

Went to the Landing in downtown St. Louis yesterday to meet up with my dad for dinner. He was in town on business too, which is the second time our paths have crossed on the road. The Landing was a pretty area, looks very historic and cute. We were right by the arch, which I attempted to take a picture of from underneath it, but it just looked dark.

That's about all the fun here. Went through torrential rains driving here, intense muggy heat today and tomorrow (97 degrees tomorrow!), and tornado watches now. Blah.

Other news, definitely moving to Chicago by July 1st! Everything went through and is all official. My kind of town.

No comments: