Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Overland Park, Kansas

I'm in Kansas, where thoughts of Dorothy, corn, and tornadoes run rampant. Another new state for me, but it is very similar to every other midwest state.

This week we're staying at the Overland Park Marriott. Now, I'm sure usually this is a very nice hotel, and the rooms are quite nice. The bed is huge, a very comfy comforter, and a huge flat screen tv. Internet is not free, but that's pretty usual for nicer hotels. Unfortunately the hotel is under construction and I was woken up this morning around 8am to the lovely sounds of jackhammers and other lovely construction noises. Grant practically had to scream to say good morning when we walked outside. I'm up on the 6th floor, it shouldn't be that loud from the lobby! What else is annoying is the fitness room and pools are closed due to the construction, and I just don't feel like going to the Jewish Community Center two miles away to go work out. So, what should be a nice hotel, is really kind of an annoying place to stay and a cheap hotel would probably have been better. Until the construction is done, I'd avoid staying here.

Other than that, Overland Park is a nice suburb of KC. We'll probably be hitting up more bbq places while we're in the area, but since we were here a few weeks ago, not sure what else we'll be doing around these parts. I'll let you know!

*Special thanks this week to Lifetime Fitness for the week long pass!

No comments: