Saturday, April 25, 2009

Touristy in Kansas

Two tourist-y things we've done in the past few days:

Went and ate at Oklahoma Joe's...the best barbeque restaurant in a gas station. This was just a plain ol' gas station with a very busy bbq restaurant in it. Definitely not fancy, but I had some good food for a very good price. I'm getting quite a collection of bbq restaurants under my belt.

Tonight we saw a comedy show at Famous Johnny's Comedy Club in Overland Park. We saw Elliott Threatt perform, and he was pretty funny. He told me that my skydiving in New Zealand was bullshit, but I swore it was true. Famous Johnny's was a nice little place to see a comedy show, not horribly crowded, 2 item minimum but they weren't very pricy, and about an hour and a half of a performance. I enjoyed the night and would go back to see another show. It is a little strange seeing a show in somewhere other than you live, because there is a lot of local humor that gets lost. A lot of Kansas cities and Arkansas jokes that I'm sure are funnier if you are from KC. http://www.famousjohnnys.com/

Had a lot of bad weather in the area and a couple tornadoes went through. I didn't see any, it was a bit west and north of where we are, but I said it wouldn't be a trip to Kansas without some twisters. Glad Kansas and Missouri are doing their parts to make my trip complete.

We're going to see a Royals game on Monday, weather-permitting and that'll probably end any fun activities in the area. I'll let you know how Belton, Missouri is!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I'll atest to your skydiving feat. :)