Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Raleigh, NC

I was stopped today and after speaking, very pointedly told I was not from here. I must be from...Chicago. Which I verified was correct. But do I really have that much of an accent?

Restaurant recommendation: The Pit in Raleigh, NC . Very good barbeque (similar to KC bbq I'd say, although the chefs from the different states would disagree I'm sure), moderately priced, selection of micro-brews, and large portions of food.

Cheap beer recommendation: Old Bar in Raleigh by NC State. You can get a 32 oz logo plastic cup then get dollar refills (or free on certain days I guess).

Crabtree Mall: Very spread out mall with plenty of restaurants to choose from, but not the greatest assortment of stores. At least not for a 23 year old girl looking for cheaper clothes.

Our two week trip in North Carolina is coming to a close. It's been very hot, muggy, and a thunderstorm almost every afternoon. Time for a new round of scheduling next week! A lot of Illinois. Excitement in the next few weeks is South Dakota...it really can't be worse than North Dakota...can it?

No comments: