Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sweet Home Chicago

This past week and a half has been a blur of leaving sweltering hot Memphis (I did take a quick stop at Graceland to get a shot glass, but the house itself was closed. Seedy part of town, tourists were in full force), packing up life in Champaign, and unpacking life on the north side of Chicago. After five years of living in Champaign, it has come time to move on. I'll miss Champaign for the fun college times, the great friends made there, the job it gave me after college, and the joy of living in the middle of corn fields, but time for bigger and better things. Goodbye Champaign, it's been a blast.

Which leads me to my sweet new apartment in Lakeview! We (Amy and I moved together) are just about fully unpacked, posters hung, and getting used to the new area. We're pretty close to Wrigley Field and the lake which is really awesome. Already hit up Murphy's bar (we found it fitting the first bar we go out to around here was a Murphy's) and Uncle Fatty's which featured live kareoke 80's music night. We'll be doing all the fun 3rd and 4th of July festivities the next two days with a bunch of our friends coming into town, which I am very excited about. Having this week off has been awesome to get used to the new place, and it'll be sad to fly off to Omaha on Sunday and go back to barely being around. Although, I really have nothing to do during the days to occupy my time, so being busy will stop me from eating so much cheese dip and watching Friends :-).

Special thanks to all those who helped us move. You all are wonderful.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Graceland was closed when I visited too. :( Good luck with your new place. I can't wait to visit sometime.