Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Macomb, IL

In Macomb, IL this week, the home of Western Illinois University. It's a relatively small campus, and I didn't know anyone who went here or anything about it before coming.

Unfortunately, staying at a Super 8 all week. Now, for a one star hotel, it's not as bad as previous one-star hotel mistakes. There were really no other options, and it was cheap enough where I didn't need Priceline so could change the reservation if there were huge roaches or stained sheets. Other than pretty uncomfortable beds, drab decoration, no extras, and a musty smokey smell in the hallway, it's decent. Micro-fridge, free internet, meager but free breakfast, deadbolt on the door, and it's bug free. Priceline AND my negotiation skills failed this week. A sad week indeed.

Did anyone out there go to Western? Any suggestions of things to do here? So far I was told to go to Forum or The Pace. Other than going running (which is killing my legs and will have to take tomorrow off), activities seem few and far between.

3 more days till vacation! I can't wait for a whole week in Chicago with no traveling, moving, packing, or waking up at 6am!

1 comment:

Beth Robie said...

Too bad I'm going to KY next weekend. I would have hung out with you while you're on vacation. I'll be in Chicago a few times in October though... I'll let you know.