Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week One of Unemployment

I have to say the first week of unemployment was pretty awesome. I did get sick and had to visit the doctor, but just a cold, and the upside was I didn't have to force myself to work through a fever and a really sore throat.

This week was full of relaxing, job hunting, sleeping late, doctor's appointment and dentist appointment, and hanging out with friends. By Friday at 5pm, I had some various jobs in the works (nothing full-time career type, but some jobs to hold me over) and today I had a response about an interview that might actually lead somewhere. I feel good about being able to support myself and am enjoying actually living in the city.

On Thursday I got to get paid to watch 10 court cases of the Judge Pirro show, which was really entertaining. Off to the NBC studios in the loop, saw Mike Tyson in the lobby, then some very melodramatic court cases with a snarky judge for a few hours. An interesting way to spend the afternoon.

So far so good. Lots of balls in the air in terms of jobs, but I'm optimistic. Have a good rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Good luck with your job search and enjoy your time off! (Think of me as I head into the world of deadlines.)

P.S. How do you get paid to watch judge shows? Sounds like an interesting gig.