Saturday, October 3, 2009

Settling in

Even though I've technically been living here since the beginning of July, this week I really made the transition into actually living here. I'm on the el constantly and am comfortable making transfers and knowing where to go. I took the bus for the first time yesterday. I can give directions pretty well. I'm starting to hit the hot spots that people have been telling me about.

As for work, I've been working pretty steadily this week, and when not working, am setting up interviews and meetings in order to make more money. I was offered a job, but it was commission only so I turned it down. I just accepted a month long gig that will be steady money and hopefully be kind of fun. It involves a 3 day training trip in Minneapolis, so back on the road again in a week! At least they are flying me there, so I won't have to do an 8 hour drive.

So I'm back to being a promotional model full time again until something else comes along. It's really nice living in one spot, working in the city, and taking the el back to my own bed. I wish I got to have some of the summer in the city, but there's always next summer.

No comments: