Friday, October 9, 2009

In the movies

One of the highlights of the week was being an extra in Little Fockers. I was in the far background of a scene with Ben Stiller and Robert Deniro, and super close to the camera (within a foot) in a scene with Ben Stiller (who was also within a foot of me), so I will definitely be in the scene if they don't cut it. They shot it at the Sheridan red line stop, which is just down the street from us. It was pretty fun!

This week was filled with meetings, interviews, and trainings. It was super busy and will hopefully lead to making money in the near future. I go to training in Minneapolis on Monday for my five week job for AT&T. I met with the people I'll be working with, and they seem pretty cool. I have an interview Monday morning before I fly off for a real marketing job too, so hopefully that'll go well.

I thought a few weeks in I would start to miss being on the road, the structured schedule, and knowing what I was going to be doing every day. That's definitely not the case. I'm loving living in the city more every day and the craziness that comes with it. I get to have so many jobs and opportunities other people don't get to do. That's not to say I won't enjoy having a set schedule again. Keeping track of my schedule has been a little crazy. I'm having a lot of fun though, and I'm excited to see how all these jobs, interviews, etc will turn out.

I'll let you know how Minneapolis is! Flying not driving, woo hoo!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

One of my new co-workers was an extra in a new horse movie coming out. (I wish I could remember the name... but it's like Seabiscuit.) You do cool things. I'm jealous! :)