Thursday, October 22, 2009

Looking for work is a full time job

I am juggling a lot right now.

I have a five week job that is over 30 hours a week, I'm picking up some online work starting on Monday, I'm looking for/doing promo jobs to go around the 30 hour a week job, I'm in focus groups for extra cash, I want to get the liquor promos going, Amy and I are working here and there on our own business, and I'm interviewing a lot. Plus, I'm trying to make time to see family, have a social life, go out to new places, and really develop a life in the city. It's a bit exhausting.

Getting back to a full time job I think will be much more relaxing than this, even though the thought of set hours every day all the time is daunting. I really like waking up after 9am and not being so exhausted by 10pm I need to go to bed.

I'm also having debates with myself as to whether I should go for jobs that may be way more fun and match my skill set well and barely pay anything, or settle for a job that may not be that great but has set hours and pays well. Come on ideal job that has an awesome salary, where are you?

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Good luck with everything! If you want my opinion, take a job you'll love... it will be more profitable in the long run. What kind of business are you starting?