Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Obligatory End of 2009 Post

Yes, in just about 24 hours a new decade begins. The aughts (is that how you spell it?) are over. The year has been pretty turbulent, and I wish it was ending with more of a concrete future for what's ahead, but what fun would that be? I don't think it was necessarily a bad year, but it was quite the transition.

Things I'm thankful for this year:

-I'm officially out of Champaign and living in Chicago
-I traveled a lot of the country, and know, it's always going to be Sweet Home Chicago
-One full year of no school!
-Lots of really random part-time marketing work that keeps life interesting
-I'm pretty much not allergic to cats anymore

Things I'm glad to leave in 2009:
-Lots of interviewing that led to no where
-Gaining some weight, then dieting and working out a lot to lose it
-A new hotel every week instead of my own bed
-Too many lost weekends due to travel
-Waking up at 6am all the time (see a theme here?)
-Being 23. What a boring age to be.
-Drinking too much in really boring U.S. towns

Goodbye 2009. Hopefully we send you off with a really fun party tomorrow night. Champagne is in the fridge. Bring it on '10.

No comments: