Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Not much is new

I really did not mean to make this a once a month blog. I really do need to get better with updating. Unfortunately, not a whole lot has happened in January. I've been on a few interviews, but no job offers. No promotional jobs. Luckily Uloop has been here to keep me occupied during the days.

Working from home is an interesting thing. I seem to wake up at 10:10am every morning, without setting an alarm. I wake up, watch Price is Right while reading/responding to emails, job searching, then do Uloop work from 11am-4 or 5pm every day. I watch almost the same tv shows every day. I usually don't get out of my pajamas until 1 or 2pm. This doesn't sound that great, but there definitely are some perks. Hours are flexible, dress code is extremely flexible, and I can watch whatever lame sitcoms I want while I work. Of course, I miss working with people, but I'm sure that I will be on a permanent schedule with no flexibility soon enough. I've also begun having a routine of night activities, which has made the weeks more enjoyable.

So, I keep on job searching. I keep on interviewing. I keep on doing what I can to get by. Things on the horizon are working the Chicago Auto Show February 12-21st, possibly Vegas the first week of March, then Cancun the end of March. It would almost be easier not to get a full time job till April, but of course I can't hope for that. If someone offers be a full time job tomorrow in a salary range I can live on, I'll have to take it.

There's a lot of thinking of, well, how would life be if I were still at Jimmy John's? I'd be going to Vegas this weekend for them. Almost everyone I worked with before is still working for them. It's been four months of semi-unemployment, but I'm still confident I made the right decision. Every time I go to Map Room on a Tuesday, or bowling with co-workers on a Wednesday, I know the decision was the right one. I'm surviving, I'm making money, I have a social life. Instead of feeling like my life is on hold, it's in progress. Of course, a full time job would be nice again, but things are ok. I'll update more. 2010 and my 24th year of life will be better than the last, I'm positive.

No comments: