Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy February!

It's February 1st, and for some reason today, I decided to get my butt in gear. I'm going to start watching what I eat again, exercise regularly, and work a decent amount of hours every day. Also, I'm going to buy some books on different aspects of marketing to get some learning in while I have the chance. Yes, these resolutions should have came a month ago. I'm a little late.

I ran for the first time since August (or somewhere around August) and I think, 3 hours later, I am finally done coughing and wheezing. I've never gone running outside in the winter before, and I think I'll have to alter it a bit so I don't feel like death for hours after. The mix of being terribly out of shape and the 30 degree weather did not agree with me one bit. I succeeded in a 1.5 mile run some, walk some, run some, etc with hopes of major improvement. The other problem is running makes me hungry, and it's hard not to snack when I'm so hungry.

Does anyone have any recommendations on good books about business/marketing/etc that are informational and interesting? I want something that is actually readable.

Exciting things coming up are my birthday next week and working the Chicago Auto Show for 10 days. I'm excited to work outside of the house for awhile as well as keep doing Uloop. Still job searching, but I'm confident when it's time for the right job, we will find each other.

Good luck with your February resolutions if you decide to have any. Hopefully the ground hog will give us some hope of early spring tomorrow.

No comments: