Wednesday, October 22, 2008

80 Degree Weather!

There is just no beating 80 degree weather in late October, seeing palm trees all around and watching lizards scampering around the sidewalk. Besides the numerous amounts of people over the age of 65 and the sometimes backwards southern way of thinking, I'm not sure why we mid-westerners don't all live in Florida. The other day I was able to read by the pool for a couple hours then go relax in the hot tub. Lovely.

All that nice stuff being said, Florida is not all that fun. I can't (or at least am not) really going out at all after work, mostly because there is no one to go out and eat dinner or have a drink with. The relaxing is nice, but I wish some of you could be here to go out with me and enjoy it.

The Marriott Courtyard here is West Palm Beach is decent. I have to use Ethernet which is sucky, and lack of fridge means I have to eat out all the time, but the rest is nice. Pool, hot tub, king size bed, and functioning business center are some of the highlights. And...ready for a shocker? I worked out today! For a whole 30 minutes!

I also found out today that instead of going to Prospect Heights for the week after Florida, the whole team is going to Boulder, Colorado for the week. Then, when again we would be going to Prospect Heights the week after Colorado, I'll be hitting up Philadelphia instead. I've never been there, and I hear they have good cheese steak and I can get my picture taken in front of the Liberty Bell, so it should be a cool time. East coast, midwest, Rockies, east coast, all in four weeks. I'm definitely getting around :-)

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I totally feel your pain with the being alone thing. I've probably only gone out a handful of times in P.P. because there was no one to hang out with. Especially during my first month, I was my only company. It's a good way to get a lot of reading and thinking done, though. lol.