Thursday, October 30, 2008

Goodbye Florida


Back to Illinois tomorrow. Overall, the Marriott Courtyard on 45th Street in West Palm Beach is very ok. I would not have given it the three stars that Priceline did, but it has worked out pretty well. The weather here got a bit cool the last couple days, but it still beats the snow in Illinois. I met up with my dad in Fort Lauderdale the other day, and that was a nice change of pace. He was at a really nice Marriott for a work function, and I could read on the beach for awhile, get a free steak dinner, and do a bit of drinking for free.

Tomorrow I get to experience airports on Halloween, a three hour drive after getting up early, working, and flying home, then hopefully some Halloween fun in Champaign if I don't fall asleep super early (which I am determined NOT to do). It is strange to think I now look forward to going back to Illinois. I used to look forward to getting out of it.

Oh, and I don't like driving this rental Jeep we have. I'm not sure what kind it is, but it's huge, boxy, and keeps having things wrong with it. Colorado next week! Goodbye warm weather, palm trees, and ocean!

No comments: