Monday, March 9, 2009

Blizzard Warning: Grand Forks, ND


Here's the storm description of the blizzard that will be hitting at 7am tomorrow:

A MAJOR WINTER STORM WILL BRING A SECOND ROUND OF SNOW TUESDAY THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT. 6 TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW ARE POSSIBLE WITH THIS SECOND SYSTEM. NORTH WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT. THE COMBINATION OF WIND AND SNOW SHOULD RESULT IN BLIZZARD CONDITIONS WHICH WILL MAKE TRAVEL EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE. WIND CHILLS TUESDAY INTO TUESDAY NIGHT ARE EXPECTED TO FALL TO HAZARDOUS LEVELS OF 30 TO 40 BELOW ZERO.

A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUT CONDITIONS... MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. DO NOT TRAVEL. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU. IF YOU GET STRANDED... STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE.

It was 60 degrees and sunny in Illinois when I left. Damn winter. We've already been called wimps several times for thinking it's cold.

Staying at a Fairfield again, which is pretty similar to every other Fairfield. I got some groceries stocked up in my mini-fridge so I don't have to go out in this snow, and a nice comfy king size bed. Nice complimentary breakfast, free internet, but kind of a tiny room.

I'll let you know how the blizzard goes!


2 comments:

Rachael said...

I could use a good blizzard right now. I practically melt every time I walk outside. Yes, it's that hot. ICK. :) Enjoy your new state.

Beth Robie said...

Well, I guess it's an exciting story...
Stay safe and don't get buried in the 6-10 inches! And enjoy that KING size bed. :)