Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Countryside, IL

Done with Iowa! Quick week in Illinois then on to more exciting travels. This week I'm in Countryside, Illinois, a somewhat southwest suburb of Chicago near Brookfield and LaGrange. Besides Brookfield Zoo a few miles away, not sure of anything else around here.

I did get a pretty good massage at Massage Envy for a cheap introductory deal. That was sweet.

Staying at the Marriott in Burr Ridge which is really nice. Highlights are the really comfy beds (comparable to the Hilton's beds which were awesome) and the fun ways they fold the towels and Kleenex. They folded my Kleenex into a rose yesterday! That takes skill. They also refilled all the shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. That being said, no cookies, expensive bottled water they sit on the desk to taunt you with, and no free internet (or internet I can skill from someplace that is free). They do have a nice work out room, pool, hot tub, flat screen tv's, good size rooms, and business center. Overall a nice hotel.

Wish me luck as I venture to North Dakota next week. I think I'm going to watch "Fargo" in preparation. It's supposed to snow almost all next week and be around 12 degrees (in Grand Forks). I hope winter is done with by the time I get back to the midwest.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

NORTH DAKOTA! I got a flat tire there and the car guys were super friendly. They sang me a song. haha. Nice people, those North Dakotans.

And, I wrote a news story about a cockatoo named Cookie that lives in the Brookfield Zoo. He turned 75. Ok not the most interesting story I've covered in my short career as a journalist, but if you happen to stop by the zoo, say hello for me. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathyrn! My name is Jill Rinozzi and I work at the Marriott Burr Ridge. We appreciate your great comments and feedback and hope you allow us the opportunity to serve you again when you are in the area. I can be reached at jill.rinozzi@marriott.com should you need my assistance.

Thanks again!
Jill Rinozzi
Business Travel Sales Manager