Wednesday, March 11, 2009

High of -1


I survived the blizzard! The store had to close early it got so bad, all the interstates were closed, windchills of -40 degrees, 50 mph gusts, drifts south up to 5 feet, near white-out conditions. But if I can get through a North Dakota blizzard, any other blizzards will be a breeze.

Today, the high was -1. I am actually looking forward to 30 degree weather. I have to put the picture up of what the above shot looks like normally. It's a drastic difference.

The University of North Dakota is nice campus. Home of the Sioux...which I'm wondering how they escaped political correctness with a giant Native American head on the side of Englestad Stadium. I think they're forgotten about up here.

I don't really care what you North Dakotans think...if the weather is in the negatives, I'm going to wear a hat, scarf, gloves, and heavy jacket. Yes, I know it's not northern Canada, but close enough.

1 comment:

Beth Robie said...

So, when do you leave?