Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Evanston, IL

Happy (belated) Memorial Day!

I'm up in north Chicago in Evanston (staying at the Holiday Inn in Skokie). As with most of the suburbs, nothing really exciting to talk about. The Holiday Inn is a pretty typical Holiday Inn, very deserving of their 2.5 stars...this one is designed more for huge conferences and parties so is a bit fake-fancier (by this I mean fake chandeliers and very large open spaces designed for tables that are not there). Decently priced room service, pool, hot tub, pretty comfy beds, fridge/microwave, fully re-stocked shampoo/lotion everyday, free internet.

When Facebook decides to work again, I will share a very interesting bathroom photo...check out my mobile photos on FB if you just can't wait. It was taken at Bat 17... a very delicious restaurant with huge portions (and a funky bathroom) in downtown Evanston.

In the suburbs again next week!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I've always been a fan of funky restaurant bathrooms. (Do you have Bucca di Beppo in IL?)

KBrock said...

Yeah we do, but I've never been to one. I'll have to check it out at some point.