Friday, May 8, 2009

Random Dallas stuff

I have to say I really enjoyed staying at the Hyatt. Expensive (well, not the $55 a night part), but well worth it. I'm glad a convention cancelled on them and we could stay there.

Didn't do much tourist-y stuff in Dallas, AND I forgot to get a Texas shot glass. I'll just have to go back to Texas again at some point.

Two restaurants of note:

Houston's: A slightly expensive, but very good restaurant. American food with an awesome burger. I'm sure the other food was good too, but I enjoyed my burger.

The Iron Cactus: In downtown Dallas, and they had the best Tex-Mex I had while we were down there.

Neither of these were recommended by airport girl, but we still appreciated her help. I wish I got to the Dallas Museum of Art...it was free Thursday nights from 5-9pm for those who do go explore Dallas. It got to 93 degrees on Friday, and it was awfully nice to feel hot summer weather. It's coming Illinois!

Lastly, I leave you with this question: You know how when a plane is late to the gate, and once you get on the plane, the pilot says they can make up time in the air? Well, if they can go that fast, why don't they go that fast all the time?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it just costs them more in fuel, when they do that. They try to be efficient.