Monday, May 11, 2009

St. Paul, MN

Here starts a two week trip in Minnesota. It wasn't a bad drive up, had some nice scenery and nice weather.

Things I want to do in the next 10 days:

Go to a Twins game at the Metrodome. (We're doing this tomorrow. I'm excited for this 1. because the Metrodome is within walking distance of the hotel and we won't have to drive 2. It's dollar hot dog day tomorrow 3. We got tickets that sell for $40 for $25. The players will actually be life sized. We have good seats, right off the third base line, 11th row. Thank you Craigslist! 4. It's in a dome! I've never seen a baseball game in a dome. It doesn't matter how cold/rainy it is...cough...cough...Kansas City...we are enclosed in a cozy dome.

Go to the Mall of America. Well, why not? I've never been there and it's something to do. Biggest mall in America. Maybe I'll even take a roller coaster ride if I'm feeling crazy, but probably I'll just buy a shirt or two.

Acme Comedy Co. After thoroughly enjoying the comedy club in KC, this one is supposed to be the third best in the country. The comedians playing this week and next both seem pretty funny, and it's pretty affordable.
http://www.acmecomedycompany.com/acme/shows.php

Watch the LOST finale.
No one tells me what happens if I don't get to see it on Wednesday night. I don't care how dorky this one makes me sound.


Those are my hopes for the next ten days. Anything else will be bonus. Any other suggestions? I'd see a musical, but I keep lapping the same musicals I've already seen in other cities. Myself and Broadway musicals are touring the country together. For example, this week, Phantom of the Opera is playing in Minneapolis, which I already saw in Des Moines. Last week, RENT was playing in Dallas, which I already saw in Chicago.

Today makes 15 states for work since August, and 18 states/provinces overall since August.

We're staying at the Holiday Inn Metrodome this week, and I'll review it in a few days once I get a better feel for the place.

1 comment:

Beth Robie said...

Hey, do you know where you'll be on June 6th? It's a Sunday. We're going to see Spring Awakening in Louisville. Come with if you can!