Saturday, May 16, 2009

West St. Paul, MN

Moved hotels and are now staying at the Best Western Kelly Inn in downtown St. Paul. It hasn't started out too well. The walls are pretty useless, I can hear conversations, tv, music, arguments, etc next door like they are next to me. I'm hoping this quiets down soon, or I'll have to start being not nice. If they keep me from sleeping, I'm really not going to be nice at all. Problem 2 was it took room service 4 times to get my bill/food correct. 4 times! No exaggeration there. Plus they added on an 18% gratuity so I couldn't even change the tip based on the service. Now, the poor guy said he was really new to serving, but really, check the receipt against the food on the plate. Oh, and there was no shampoo or conditioner in the bathroom! None at all! So I'm hoping the front desk has some, because the stuff I took from last week isn't very good and I really don't want to buy any. So, not too happy with the hotel thus far. Bed is big and comfy, nice view of the capitol building from my room, free internet, pool and hot tub, and a small exercise room.

Sidenote: If you are in Minneapolis, go to Longfellow Grill. We ate there a couple of times and it was delicious every time. Everything is homemade and they have tasty healthy options as well.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Hey! I just started a book by Bill Bryson called "The Lost Continent." It's about his travels through small town America written with sarcastic humor. I thought you might find it funny with all the traveling you do.